I recently picked up a Smith Corona and have a question about it. It appears to be very correct except for a Remington bolt. Now, the fella I bought it from, in his 70's, said he bought it from a WW2 vet in the 1990's who stated it was his from the war. He had his name and I looked him up, he indeed joined in 1942 and served 25 years in the military. My question is could this be true since it has a Remington Bolt in the gun? Everything on it, stock included, is smith corona. It is used but in good condition, bore is perfect 4 groove. It's a 370xxxx serial number, and barrel is dated 6-43. No Arsenal marks are on the stock, just the regular SC markings. Just trying to figure out if someone could have kept their rifle from WW2 and it have the bolt replaced back then?
Thanks for any help, I'm new here but enjoy collecting! I have a 41 Garand, a 1903, 1917, and M1icon carbine in small collection of military arms. Hope to add more!

Mike
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.