I have come across what claims to be a Model 1900 Army trials American Eagle Luger on an online auction. While it looks good there are several red flags, but since I only have 1 source of information, Edward Meadows' U.S. Military Automatic Pistols 1894 - 1920, I wanted to see if there was newer or updated information. The red flags I am seeing are:

1 The serial number is ~8600. Mr. Meadows list the range as being 6000 - 7500 and while you always have to take such ranges with a grain of salt this seems to be a bit far out of range

2 Mr. Meadows states that is should have no import marks, but this one is marked "Germanyicon" of the front of the frame below the serial number

3 I have read that these pistols were not proofed or marked by Springfield Armory, but this one seems to have several flaming bomb markings.

On the plus side it does have the last 2 digits of the serial number visible on the right side of the take down pin.

Opinions?

Thanks
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.