Hey everyone. I came into these uniforms from different sources a little while back but I have a bit of a debate as to which could be more historic or have the most appeal to people when it's on display. I have a good amount of paperwork on both so I have the histories of both marines and they are evenly matched in that category. The first uniform belongs to a member of an AA battery who not only was a part of the occupation and defense of Tarawa but also was one of 1500 marines to go fight in the Battle of Leyte on the ground. I also have his enlistment photo as well as several pieces of info documenting his service on Tarawa and Leyte. The second belongs to a officer who was with the 21st Marines and was wounded on Guam earning him the Purple Heart. Also he was on Iwo Jima but only as an air liaison. I have a paper trail from when he was out of officer's school all the way through Guam documenting his being wounded in action and through the month before and after Iwo Jima both listing him as an air liaison with the same division which saw combat there.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.