I may be working on a magazine article and I need some help with historic images.

I've found various images of WWII Brit and Canadianicon snipers with No 4 Mk 1 T rifles on the web. The problem is for magazine work I need:

1. A high resolution version of the image.

2. Verification that it can be used by the Copyright owner (if under Copyright).

3. If possible, the original caption and info.

I found one image that traces back to a Canadian military museum and I've sent them an e-mail. I do have the acquisition number and ID for that one.

I've found other images though that either are not sourced or are sourced simply to IWM including some on the IWM Pinterest page. The problem is, they don't have id #s for me to use when I contact the musuem for rights issues or to get a higher resolution copy.

Does anyone have the ID or acquisition numbers for any of these commonly found IWM sniper images? If needed I can post the images here, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has contacted the IWM and has the specific image ID info
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.