Quote Originally Posted by Fred G. View Post
Doorkicker, that 1903A3 s a nice looking rifle! Pretty neat.
Thanks, I am excited to get it. I have slowly been collecting military arms for some time now. I knew an older (Now deceased) retired USMC Col that had a museum grade collection of WWII military arms. He owned multiple examples of every weapon Germanyicon, Japanicon, and the U.S used in WWII He had a giant vault in his home and I got to visit it once. It was like a military arms room. row after row of WWII weapons in racks. Most in un-issued condition. Most impressive thing I remember was he had 50 consecutive sn Baby Nambu with stocks.

Up until that point, which was about 15 yrs ago, I had only collected more modern firearms and mainly black rifles. His collection left an impression on me and I decided I would try and collect the older classic rifles. I have managed to get a few, some original, some modern replicas (Like the Thompson 45) This 1903-A3 will be the oldest in my collection. It will takes it place beside my IBM M1icon Carbine, as a prized possession for me. It to is an arsenal re-build, but valuable to me non the less.

Thanks for the input everyone