Hey folks,

I'm looking to buy a 1903-A3 and wanted to see if I could get some opinions on a fair price for this one.

The rifle is a Remington 1903-A3, S/N 4100XXX. The seller believes it is an arsenal rework (the cartouches support this) but that all the components look original. The bolt handle and stock have been marked with the last 4 digits of the serial number, which I believe means the rifle has been to Greece since they liked to mark loaned weapons in this way. He has told me he has run a patch with copper solvent down it and it came out clean so no copper fouling. Also said that the bore looks "bright and new." He has tested it with a dummy round and said it feeds and ejects cleanly. It sounds like it may have never been fired after being reworked. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any gauges so it has not been headspaced or measured for any barrel erosion (but if the barrel is as like-new as he says I don't think erosion will be an issue). Barrel is marked "RA 11-43." Also said he is confident it has been rebarreled because the bore looks pristine and never fired, however from the barrel date and S/N I'm thinking the barrel could possibly be original (although that may be wishful thinking).

I'm fairly confident it is a nice rifle and if it headspaces well then is almost exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm trying to find out the ballpark of what it is worth. I'm new to the milsurp world so I have no idea what these generally go for outside of GunBroker (which always seems to be overpriced compared to market rates).

Thanks in advance for the help!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.