Spring set came yesterday and that made a huge difference in the way the pistol feels. All springs were approximately 25% longer than the originals, a few even longer. I expect this was primarily due to prolonged compression. I ran into a problem with the magazine release spring. Took the old one out, put the new one in and I could no longer re-install the trigger assembly. Didn't have time to look into it so put it aside until late last night. Turned out the hole was packed with debris. I don't know if it was put in there on purpose due to the weak spring or what. This spring was particularly weak and if I wasn't careful, I could drop the trigger assembly when trying to take the magazine out. I ended up using a small drill bit to hand turn the junk out. Then the new spring worked fine and the trigger assembly is safe.

New magazine spring might be too strong now. First two rounds of the eight are difficult to get out. After that, they seem pretty smooth. Might not be an issue, have to actually try running them through the action.

I am left with one extra spring, the trigger spring. I see no way to replace this without serious damage to the originality of the gun. Mine has the riveted type of pin and I don't think it is designed to come out. This spring also feels soft and I would like to replace it but I just don't know if it would be worth the effort. Maybe I'm missing something. Does the pin come out of these?