Hey everyone! Just joined this forum after checking it out a few times now. I just recently bought my first firearm and it was a refurbished 91/30. I took it out to the range a few time now and I love it. I'm totally hooked haha. I bought the book "The Mosin-Nagant Rifle" by Lapin. I'm beginning to read up on that now. My question is some of the markings on my rifle. Lots of them I am able to identify now, but there are a few I am unsure about and I have heard different things from different people/places. What I know is that it's a 1942 Izhevsk. It has the post war stock on it with the escutcheons. I guess during the refubisment the replaced the bolt with a Remington bolt. Everything I am assuming is force matched. The bayonet is also matching, but also probably force matched I am assuming.

Things that I am not sure about is a mark above the hammer and sickle. I'm not sure what it is. On the stock there are B's marked on both sides of the stock. There is also a diamond 5 which I believe is a polish mark. I am just confused what the B's are. There is also a small H stamped above the diamond 5. On the receiver there is a C mark as well. Sorry this seems like a lot. Anyone who can help identify what these marks are I wll certainly appreciate the help! Right now I don't have pictures of all the marks, but will take some tomorrow.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.