Hey All! First posting here. I have a pair of relatively new to me Enfields that I would like to confirm my thoughts.

One if marked as an Enfield factory made in 1918 (Maybe 1916?). Looks like the barrel is marked '13 so I would think its original. Numbers all match and I don't see signs of refinish. Would a 1918 enfield have a barrel made in 1913? Or is it more likely 1916?

The other looks like an LSA made 1911. I think it looks like it is stamped F.T.R under the make? On the other side of the band I see a '13 stamp so maybe it was changed to the * designation at that time? The barrel is marked '41 so it must have been rebarreled. It has a lot of black paint type substance on it, would this be from the F.T.R? Can anything be noted from the butt stock or disk on that rifle? It has a marking of some kind on it.

Are my general assessments above correct? It seems like the LSA has been through a lot but looks nice and has some character. Anyone have other thoughts?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.