Quote Originally Posted by stencollector View Post
The bolt will still move back and forth, but the action does not cock or click. Not worried myself, as I am a bit beyond sitting in the gunroom and dry firing my guns. You cannot open the upper from the lower.

I don't know enough about the small parts to say what is right or wrong, but I did pick up a bag-full of EX-1 parts early this summer at the local surplus store. The majority of the 20 change levers that were in the bag were the same as this one. Photos of that haul attached, however the bulk of those parts have moved on.

There are no markings on a Cdn EX-1 magazine....to that end I suppose they are likely bog-standard FN-FAL magazines from the time. I simply recognize them when they are mixed in with surplus magazines at the milsurp yard, and usually have the white DP stripe on them.

One will notice that this particular rifle did have the limiting dowel pin installed to stop the change lever from going to automtic, but at some point it appears to have been driven further in which would have allowed it to go to F/A.
What a rare bird, agree with KtK, absolutely love to have her in my Inch pattern collection, deactivated or not!

Just wondering what the quality of the deac work is like, here in the UKicon it can vary from engineered with care and precision to preserve as much as legally possible, or looking like the village blacksmith had a go ....

How have they permanently mated the TMH to the Receiver? I wonder if the stop pin was removed when it was deactivated, someone probably thinking it made it more interesting if the safety could be moved round to rock and roll, little realising they were spoiling some of the history of the piece.

I have a pre-ban L2A1 in my collection, converted to semi auto in the UK and subsequently deactivated when the ban came in. It also had a stop pin installed and removed post deac.

Very useful collection of spares there, especially the bee hive body lever, if they are inch pattern, then they are rare pieces indeed.