Does anyone know if there are any videos or stills of F111's doing the Mach Loop? I was stationed at Lakenheath from 90-92, saw the first F15's arrive and had the F111's begin to leave when I did. Coincidence? I think not hahaha.

There are loads of really good video and stills from there but they all seem to date from the 2000's to the present. Was video / photography not permitted then? Was that area not unrestricted for low level flight then? I know they flew North a lot, I assume they trained in that area if it was approved at the time.

I worked close to the transit area where visiting planes parked and drove all over the flightline, the sections and the ready pad. I saw loads of great planes from all of NATO and beyond. Absolutely no photography was permitted. I saw video of a bus tour right by there on YouTube recently. Times change indeed, oh the pictures I could've had.

Going from all of the plane spotters, and occasional group of CNDers (always good for a laugh) parked up across the Brandon Road from the end of the runway I would think a few of them would've made their way up there at some point.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction. /R/ J.E.C.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.