I purchased a Model 24/47 today, and it is different from the other 24/47s I own.I wanted to get the forum's input on it. It has a mint bore and the wooden stock and handguard are both mint. The bluing on the gun is also excellent. The bolt number does not match the receiver number. The receiver number appears weird to me. The four digit serial number has a symbol or perhaps a letter in front of it that looks like a Japaneseicon pagota. It may be a weird A. The four digit serial number matching the receiver is stamped into the stock near the butt like other 24/47s, but there is only the four digit number, no letters or the weird looking symbol on the receiver. The bolt has a capital S stamped on the stem and the numbers 9379 are stamped on the bolt as other 24/47s. The floorplate is mismatched with the number 8515 stamped on it. Above the number, several inches up is the weird looking pagota symbol. The rifle has M 24/47 on the left receiver ring also with the importer's billboard. Further down on the left receiver wall is stamped 3AB,a symbol that looks like a capital Q, and the pagota symbol again with 44. Is this a typical 24/47 with a mismatched rifle with normal Yugoicon alphabetical writing or is it different?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.