Quote Originally Posted by painter777 View Post
Would this be one of the 10,000 made at Colt for the Argentines ?
Model of 1927 ?
Marked Ejercito Argentino ?

If so I have one...
Link here: https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=8031

Similar ?

Charlie-Painter777
yes it is.
Mine is slightly ore worn than yours.
nice gun! Have you shot yours?
I have shot my uncles hand loads in it for which he made especially for the gun.
I have also shot some federal ball in it but only one box in the past eight or so years.
I dont shoot it much, i mostly just look at it and wipe it down with oil.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by browningautorifleicon View Post
Why the sear? Is the current one damaged? Don't replace current parts unless you fear failure. The springs are available, the only question is what weight do you want? The heavier ones are for high pressure loads meant to make majors in competition... The rubber buffers aren't needed if your springs are good. You can get GI replacement springs and they'll be fine. Don't get the Wolfe brand over power types, they can be trouble. Ask for a full replacement set and you'll change them one for one. Use standard ammo, perhaps Federal 230 gr ball would be available to you? It's about as good as can be had and close to gov't spec. It's clean...

I just have an extra sear from Colt that i bought on a whim just in case. Its just in a box of extra parts. A fella told me a while back that i needed to best get a new sear spring so i bought it. I never installed it as i have never had the need to do so. I was just asking what you guys on here had to say.
i have the Wilson combat buffers but i am not sure i will use them. My springs lack compression and are worn. Like i said before, i heard mixed things about use them regarding increased wear and i got them to prevent that kind of thing.

What springs would you suggest? a set of colt springs? Would you recommend ordering them straight from Colt or ordering through Brownells or something?
(i am from the US)
I usually stick to OEM parts if i can get them. There are so many manufactures out there and i am mostly only familiar with "performance" brands with aftermarket parts.

The only thing i have changed out for aftermarket parts is my Rugers and they are not necessarily collectors items (depending on who you ask). I have put wilson combat springs in those but those are shooters.