I took my 98K down for a good cleaning. Upon reassembly I noticed that the bolt would not come all the way to the rear. It would not come back far enough for the follower to pop up. Everything in the bolt works fine, but something was not letting it come all the way back. So, I did a little digging around. Seems that the ejector is catching on a little lip right inside the ejector groove on the bolt. I had not removed the ejector/bolt removal assembly so I know I didn't mess up anything in there. The ejector has a very sharp corner on the leading edge of it. This rifle has a lot of miles on it (Russianicon Capture) and I am wondering if that ejector has worn down slightly and has too sharp an edge on it where it rides against the bolt. That seems the likely culprit, but I wanted to get a second opinion and see if this is common. I would think a few swipes with a fine file, or a stone would solve the problem but I wanted to ask first. Am I on the right track?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.