Anyone have an idea of how many WRA Spring Tube Receivers were made?
Wondering when they became capable of doing the long drilling for the integral spring.
I realize they'd mess some up while drilling and 'Save' them using the detachable spring tube.
But curious as to what the serial number range may be from building Spring tubes.... then retooled to do the deep drill.

I ask because I'm looking at a GB auction where within the description it is stated that WRA only made 65,000 spring tubes. The WRA carbine listed is 1,040,7xx.

With that being said (65,000 Total) That would mean that WRA stopped building Spring Tubes At about 1,065,xxx... Not counting (?) any that were fixed from drill out.

Thing is I find myself owning a Original Type I serial #1,030,621.
Plus will soon be selling a WRA Spring Tube receiver serial # 1,126,5xx. I pulled a bad barrel (Gas Cylinder Cracked) off of it.

So that pulls that total described in the auction from 65,000 and nearly doubles it, up past 126,000+ spring tubes.

Any input to how many spring tubes and or serial number range to when WRA changed over to integral drilled tube?

Getting late here so I'll try the books in a day or two... just looking for a little Help.... (Bruce?)

Here's a link to that auction, so you can read the description:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/734910997

TIA,
Charlie-Painter777

P.S. Hope I made this clear enough....... worn out tonight, Thx
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.