Just arrived today...I am happy to finally have a pre war C stock. However, unfortunately it does have a FAKE 'SA SPG' cartouche. This concern was relayed to me by a few gentlemen that are MUCH more educated than I ever will be in regards to the M1903. Knowing this, I still bought it, and probably for too much at that...But, this stock will be placed on a 'replica 1903A1 sniper rifle' so even if its value has been slashed with the phony cartouche, it is still a pre war stock, and fits my build.

Another concern was that it had possibly been heavily sanded...While it does look to be sanded, I was happy to find out it did not look like they went crazy. All metal sits flush or lower, and all corners seem to hold their edges. I have to admit that these slimmer C stocks sure do fit great in the hand.

Just to the left of the fake cartouche, I can barely make out a rectangular box with what possibly looks like an R and an A....with room for maybe another letter. Just too faint to see for sure.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.