My #4 is sporting an ATI clamp-on scope mount currently. It's... okay. But this scope mount caught my eye at some point. I like that it's low and far enough forward that the nice vernier sight can be retained. It definitely does require "gunsmithing" unlike most modern non-"T" scope mounts. It's the best I've seen, just judging by this pic.

I've conversed with the owner of this company. He says just two holes are needed, at the forward end; for 6-48 screws. The aft end of the mount uses some kind of clamping mechanism at the charger bridge.

Full disclosure, I have not purchased one yet, but I asked two gunsmiths about doing the job. Neither seemed keen to do it. Said one of them, "Surfaced hardened receivers mean carbide bits and broken taps".

Since SIA is/was known for doing a lot of LE #4 conversions of one type or another, I figured I'd ask Richard, the owner, about the difficulty in working with the receiver. He said he doesn't find the #4's steel to be particularly hard: "I've never seen a "hard" Enfield action. That is a common Mauser issue."

Thoughts?

Special Interest Arms - Enfield Accessories

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.