I have a Remington 1903 3,15X,XXX that bought years ago at a gun show. The guy I got it from had two. Both came from the CMPicon and appeared to be new. Mine is a 4 groove. Everything is Remington except the barrel. It's marked SA with Flaming Bomb 8-42.
On the left side of the stock on the right side of the mag cut off are the initials JF. On the left side its marked RA-P. Behind the trigger guard the is a circle with an F or P in it. The very front of the stock has what appears to be the number 8.
From the markings can anyone tell me if this is a rebuild and if so where was it rebuilt.
On my way out of the show a guy stopped me and tried to buy it. He seemed very knowledgeable about 03's and said he thought the Springfield barrel was likely original to the rifle. He said Remington ran out of a barrels and used some SA barrels.
I bought the rifle to compete with and have shot it a lot. It's a great shooter and I would just like to know more about it.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
TacoFrank
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.