So I picked up a Schmidt-Ruben M1911 long rifle from Classic, and I'm starting to see why so many like the Swissicon straight pull rifles. This thing is almost as long as my 18th-Century Frenchicon Fusil-de-Chasse musket, but it's incredibly well balanced and fairly light. It has hands down the cleanest tangent iron sights I have ever seen, and with the long sight radius and match grade trigger pull (2.5lbs and clean!) if the accuracy tales are true it really comes off more as a target rifle dressed up as a combat rifle. I've long heard that vintage competitors who favor Swiss guns prefer this rifle over the more famous K31 and I can see why.

Anyway on to my question... After looking around it seems that GP11 is hard to come by at the moment. What alternate manufactured ammo have people found shoot well in these rifles? There doesn't seem to be a lot of options but I've found some 174 Grain FMJ Prvi Partizan. I'll probably see about reloading for it eventually as I do with all my rifles but to begin with I just want to get a good baseline.

I can't wait to get it to the range and see how its accuracy compares to my Finnishicon M39.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.