This is the RB I bought over the weekend..it is a 7mm SM example, and is, from what I can figure out a no. 5 specimen. While trying to find a mainspring and extractor for it (I'm not sure if it needs a firing pin spring either) I discovered there are three models of the no. 5..the 1897, the 1902, and the 1910. I have been trying to find exactly which model I have so that I can get the right parts for it. Problem is, this doesn't appear to be any of those models. The last patent date on the tang is 1874. I have tried to get a clear picture of it here, but it's pretty worn. But I'm almost certain that's 1874, and as I understand it, the last year on the tang should be the model.
This is actually my first RB, and boy are there a lot of variants. I'm thinking this may be one that went to Uruguay or another South American country. BTW, pitting on the barrel, but surprisingly the bore is absolutely pristine.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.