Gentlemen:

Given this is the premier site for that piece of military kit that is the envy of the western democratic nations, that is the Lee Enfield and it's many variant, I have to ask here is there sufficient interest in shooting of said arms for a club to have matches? The location would be in eastern PA, just north of Philadelphia.

Thy would be strictly 100 yard affairs, but shot according to the commonwealth rules in affect between 1920 and 1968, on scaled targets to simulate the various stages. SR(a) and SR(B) would be allowed, maybe a home guard category and perhaps a sniper stage as well. The cost would be low, sufficient to pay for targets and yearly awards of some kind to the high shooters in various categories, and perhaps some refreshments after said matches (which can be done for 10 dollars per day per person).

I ask as the club I belong to has capacity to do that, but prior to posing any event, we have to judge how many folks might attend. So if anyone has such interest ,please let me know (or suggestions if warranted).

The club started Swissicon style matches 5 years ago, and today it is a health activity in the club, trying to judge if we could repeat the same with Enfields.

Rule 303
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.