Claven2 are you tuned in? I have a sneak/target that is a 505,000 serial number range. it has been ground sterile except the date under the tang which is 99, the serial # and a red star on the scope, I think it may be a Frenchicon receiver. If I were to use the stock as a bench mark I would date the gun 1943/44 time frame, the scope is a late 1960's early 1970 Swavorski 4 X 24 Russianicon contract and I think the scope mount appears to be around the same mfg time frame (I had them evaluated, several times), this being said, the gun shoots very, very well. The problem is it does not like to get rid of the spent brass. It just kinda leaves it halfway back. My assumption is the I/E is shot, i.e. kaput and my question is would this part be from the original 99 date or the date of re-build, i.e. type 1 or type 2 and should I re-pair it rather than replace it? As a gunsmith I always re-place when I can but what is the protocol for milsurps like this. I haven't gone into the locker yet to tare it down, this way I'll be sure, but, for now my back is acting up a little, it hurts to breath so I'll keep the motion down to a minimum for now. I hope to have a clear plan when I get back on my feet. Any opinions welcome-SDH
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.