Today I went to Austriaicon on a business trip, and while getting back home in the evening I thought about going to my gun shop for powder and primers.
While there and chatting, they received a telephone call from a guy asking for milsurps, which they lately never have.
The shop owner answered that he had a grade B Carl Gustafs, a grade A Steyr and a grade A P17.
The guy was not interested, but I started smiling, so the shop owner asked me if I was smiling for the P17.
Yessir!
So he took it out.
It is a Winchester and in good condition, but I was so surprised that I did not check it thoroughly. The barrel is marked 0-18, which I guess is a 10-18.
There are a few flaming bombs here and there. On the barrel and? I can’t remember...
Didn’t look at the serial number
The barrel is great. Trigger good.
He looked at his armourer and asked what price they should make for good old Ovidio....
600 € was the answer.
Eddistone normally run here for 800 plus. Even up to 1200.
Winchester I don’t even know.
I told him to put it aside for me and that I would come back and take it in February (kids dentist next week).
What should I really thoroughly check to see if it is a valuable Winchester rifle?
I’m already happy just for the general condition, but if it also were a collectible one...
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.