Sometimes it is hard to say no.

This came in today, a reasonably early (January 1943) 03A3 Smith Corona and this particular rifle came into the UKicon from the USAicon in 2014

It looks to be fairly original with the exception of the front swivel screw so I will see if I can source a replacement. Other than that it is ready to shoot. It came with a 1 1/4" Nobuckle sling and a sight protector that may be original. The parkerised finish is good and the bolt still mostly blacked as intended. Even the screw heads are in remarkably good condition so it appears to be as intended and not messed with however the stock has been lightly sanded at some point which takes me to my question.

The stock stamps appear to be OK and the serial and barrel date both point to January 1943 however the stock is screwed as opposed to be pinned, would this be correct or could the stock be a later addition?

It is a simply lovely rifle in my opinion and something I have long wanted to own and I am looking forward to getting it out to the range very soon.

Attachment 98382
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.