I acquired this Cadet model and have found a smokeless load that will work well (for my standards) , putting 5 in 2" pretty consistently. This rifle is equipped with a Buffington, "R" sight and has a very good bore. What I would like to know, is the original arsenal load for Cadet rifles the 500 gr standard load or was it the 405 gr carbine load? Is there any data on the ballistics on the loads this rifle was intended to be used with? My intent is to see what I can do with it at mid ranges. Luckily, I have my own clanger range of 10 targets out to 700, not so lucky, it is in steep brushy terrain. Assuming the sights were calibrated to the original ammo (big if)....I could attempt to clone the load to match the sight graduations, and do a little homework with ballistics programs....eventually using the sight more or less as it was intended. It may be a fools errand. I might have to borrow someone's alfalfa field and work out to 700 marking the sight as I go. Any input will be welcome, thanks, Paul
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.