Hi friends,

i recently acquired a mount bracket for a SUIT scope. It was cheap and came from a small auction platform with the seller sitting in Italyicon. I thought i pretty much know of all the SUIT mounts, british, israeli, aftermarket commercial ones and the old one that are pictures in the SUIT manufactures handbook (that G3 stuff and so on.) But non of them look close to this one.
It has no markings whatsoever and the finish is old paint that comes off because of its age. The bracket itself is very well made with sharp edges and if i look closely i can see the fine cast markings. So I don't think it's some kind of Homemade piece.
I asked around on some facebook groups but the only response was that it mounts to the L42 IWS bracket. Well it does not fit the STANAG mount at all and I highly doubt that anyone in their mind would want to use that sight on a hand picket marksman rifle.

Details: The center Block hole is threaded. The slim front part has a dovetail cut into and the screw mounting ti goes al the way through. The crossbar/ears are made by a separate flattened bar instead of cast with the mount itself.

I remember there is an image floating around the with a SUIT mounted to a british police mini14. But could not find by now and don't know the mini14 has any corresponding mount sockets. So a big mystery to me . Hope someone here knows more about it. Thanks!

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.