G'Day All,

I'm hoping that I might be able to extract some detailed knowledge from the wider, knowledgeable community about the No 4 Rifle in Kiwi service.

Of recent times, we in Australiaicon have been fortunate to access a few "new" No 4 Mk 1*s from the Kiwis. Now, you'd be aware that Australia did not issue the No 4 Rifle during or after WW2, in any numbers. But we did have a small shipment, that was diverted and rescued from Japaneseicon capture and we used these sparingly.

My interest is the No 4 in NZ based service. Like you, I've got a copy of Ian Skennertonicon's bible, so we can move beyond that with your additional knowledge, I trust.

I'd like to know a little more about the receipt of No 4s from Long Branch and Savage and their storage and use at home in NZ. This is where these "new" rifles seem to emerge from.

I'm keen to find out whether these rifles had the Mk 2 (300/600yd) sight replaced with Mk 1 ('Singer') Mk 3 (the problematic one...) or Mk 4 rear sight leaf?

Please do let me (and everyone else!) in on your knowledge, I'm very curious.

Thank you in advance.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.