I have created a new thread for this conversion so it will be easy to find if anybody wants the inspiration to do a similar project. I hope that's ok...

So I have decided to convert my 1943 R.E.L Canadaicon No42 Mk1 into a No32 Mk1. R.E.L No32s are super rare and to find a year to match my rifle impossible.

Just want to point out I have a 1943 Long Branch I have done a conversion on, it is deactivated. I collect so would like this to display, another reason I'm not trying to get a real R.E.L No32 is they belong on the real rifles and not just on display. It's a waste.

So I have my previousy unloved No42 that I re-blued. I have fitted a post and rail as discussed in my other thread.

I was extremely lucky to have got my hands on a really nice reproduction sunshade and a complete Mk1 style turret assembly.

The turret casting needs a little work like drilling and tapping the 8 x 8BA holes for the index plates. Drilling and tapping the 4BA location pin hole aswell as turning down a 4BA cheesehead to make the pin.

The turret casting also needs skimming internally to slide over the 42s larger tube. I have already machined the mount to take the scope as I want to keep the all important markings. As you can see this really will look the business! Other than the No42 engraving which will let anybody know it's not a genuine piece.

I have blackened the sunshade to match the front shade and just gave the turret wheels the same treatment. I have also done white infils which I will darken off and weather.

I realise this project won't be everybody's cup of tea and I understand that but this is a cheap and easy way I get what I want. I'm having fun with it and I share the same passion and interest in these old rifles as all of you. I'm just approaching it from a different angle.

Attachment 103199Attachment 103200Attachment 103201
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.