I'm new here and this is my first post. I hope the pics attach ok.

I have a newly aquired 1942 Long Branch No.4 Mk1*/3. I'm trying to ID the barrel on it. I had assumed it was re-barreled during the upgrade, but there is no date on the barrel, and the rifle has no FTR marks. The proof marks on the barrel look as though the barrel was made in the UKicon and not Canadaicon (as it should be because of the upgrade), and in 2 places it has the letter "I" stamped. The rifle looks like it has never been fired since the upgrade. The barrel has 5 lands/grooves, looks shiney and crisp with excelant depth. The feed ramp is still painted from the rifle refinish process with no scratches from cartridge feeding. The bolt head is a "0" whose face looks blued with no evidence of firing. The bolt body also looks new. The crown is great with the new finish from the upgrade still undisturbed. With no FTR marks and no date on the barrel, it's difficult to figure out what year it went through upgrade to Mk 2 specs.

By the way, I've looked around the internet and have not yet found a pic of a receiver like mine with a nice anvil stamped /3. If anyone has one or knows where one is I'd like to see it.

Attachment 103260Attachment 103261Attachment 103262Attachment 103263Attachment 103264Attachment 103265Attachment 103266Attachment 103267
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.