Threaded View

Last On
    02-07-2024 @ 10:12 PM
    Local Date
    05-16-2024
    Local Time
    06:25 PM

First Enfield, need help!

Been wanting to add an Enfield to the collection and I know nothing about them. Here is what I've found (local) that hasn't been permanently altered. It has been sportered in the sense that the butt has a rubber one on it, the forend has been cut back, no upper wood and no exterior hardware from the magazine forward. Rear sight and Front sight are intact but from what I can tell I'll need all wood and associated hardware attaching it. Including sling swivel in front of mag on up to the end of the barrel. They want $270 for it as is and the rifling is good but a flat looking finish in the groves (frosty). Might clean up, not worried about that as I've had way worse shoot very well. Anyhow, is this a good price for what I'll have to do to restore it? What is it? what might I expect to pay for the parts I need? I'm not opposed to new reproduction wood.... maybe.
    Thanks,

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Randy A; 11-30-2019 at 09:15 PM.