Greetings! I've used a few threads here for answers, but I seem to be in a unique situation so I thought I would ask around here first. I recently acquired what looks like an original Rock Island #386k 1903 with an AV barrel marked 1-19. The stock matches the period as well as the strap. However, this gun has also shown some signs that there is more to it that the internet can answer. For instance, there are two "P" stamps behind the trigger guard indicating it has been rebuilt. Seeing as how the barrel is a '19 it clearly wasn't a WWII reissue. Also, there are four screw holes inline on the receiver consistent with a Unertl scope mount. The bolt isn't blued, and has NS and another illegible stamp on the bottom. The front site does have a stamp on the bottom of it, but I can't tell what it is. It looks like 3 a 5 or the artist formerly known as prince? I've called a few gunsmiths in the area and they said they had no idea what I was talking about, so I'm wondering if anybody here could shine some light on this 1903?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.