Hello all, new guy here. I've been a collector and shooter for about 60 years now. I've always liked US military guns and have owned quite a few over the decades. I'm getting older and I'm selling off some of the stuff that I'm not particularly attached to. One item I dug out of the back of my safe is this sporterized 1903 Remington manufactured in 1942. I bought this in 1973 for 50 or 75 dollars. I bought it as a bad weather backup hunting rifle but decided that I wanted to restore it to it's original military configuration. That was my 1973 plan. After 47 years of not getting around to it, I've retired and I'm looking at it again. Now I'm wondering if the cost of sourcing the parts is worth it. I should have bought the parts in 1974 when stocks were probably 10 dollars. Are all the wood and metal stock pieces still available for reasonable money? I've always really liked 1903s and 03A3s and now I wouldn't mind restoring this one so I can look at it and feel like I completed my 47 year old plan.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.