The guy I bough it from said when he got it someone had tried to carve a hunting scene on the buttstock, had glued (yes, really) some type of hunting sight on the barrel and did some other "improvements" as well. What is amazing, is the previous owners did not mess with the receiver, scope mount brackets, or drill any extra holes or cut off the rear sight mounting brackets. The scope disappeared somewhere in Idaho who knows how long ago.

I have been gathering barrels, parts, manuals, books, tools, advice, and everything else I can get my hands on. I would love to locate the original scope bracket, although I have procured a suitable replacement for it (Thanks Roger).

I have a new South African stamped walnut forend for it, but I am actively looking around for a new or really nice Sykes, if anyone has one they want to part with.

Greatly appreciated is the help I have received from this group. As soon as paypal customer service returns to work and my account gets fixed, I'm gonna send Badger some money!