Hybrid View

Legacy Member HOOKED ON HISTORY's Avatar
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 06:37 PM
    Local Date
    05-20-2024
    Local Time
    11:58 PM
    I have mentioned this before but think it bears repeating.
    Thanks to the moderators for the latitude in keeping this thread open. And thanks to each of you who contribute. More common sense here than any other outlet, which has contributed a great deal to my continued sanity. Glad to report my lingering fatigue post infection is just about gone. It looks as though I will need all I can muster with the continuing nonsense that seems to be growing by the day.
    Stay safe, stay strong, stay free.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 6 Members Say Thank You to HOOKED ON HISTORY For This Useful Post:

Last On
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Local Date
    05-21-2024
    Local Time
    12:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HOOKED ON HISTORY View Post
    Thanks to the moderators for the latitude in keeping this thread open.
    No one has brought up yesterday's current events yet...I'll risk taking a stab at it.
    We were considering taking the train in to the city wed. morning and taking the kids along. What stopped us from going was reports that the mayor was not allowing port-a-pots to be brought in - my wife and daughter have not been properly trained in hiding behind the Washington monument and peeing in a bottle.

I think...well I have more to say and plenty more written...it's now moved into a file named "murdered darlings" (Faulkner reference about writing, nothing more).

For now, I'll just echo thanks to our moderators, and all you milsurpers in general, for your latitude and tolerance. There is no where else right now that is so open, free, diverse, and collegial as this thread has been. I've never lived close to family since I left for the Marines - I no longer have neighbors I can drink beer in the garage with and gab. It's a different world now for sure.

4. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
Closed Thread
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118