Good Morning Gentlemen (and Ladies, if we have any), Greetings from the Corona Coast,
My son recently made a trip to middle states and left his firearms with me. He has a fair collection of Enfields and I am almost totally ignorant of the markings, being more interested in US Arms. And I need some help identifying the maker of this No4 Mk1.
This rifle was purchased some 15 years ago. The only serials that match is the receiver and magazine which is missing in the photos. The magazine serial is an obvious hand stamp.
I have taken photo of all marking on the rifle (that I can find). I can find no importer stamps but this does appear to be a rebuild but not arsenal. The "ENGLAND" stamp tells me it was imported for sale. The tip of the barrel stamp (pic would not take with camera) "NP", "303 2", "185 TONS".
Yes, the front sight fell off during the photo shoot and I did not notice until I was done.
Any help in IDing the maker would be appreciated, Thank you

BEAR
Attachment 106026Attachment 106027Attachment 106028Attachment 106029Attachment 106030Attachment 106031Attachment 106032Attachment 106033Attachment 106034
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.