Wondering!!! Recently while watching several videos on Utube, when the video showed the guy disassembling a Garandicon, I noticed on the end of the action spring that goes into the action rod, it appeared to be some sort of brass button on the end. I noticed this on another video also. In both video's they didn't show a real good shot of the ends of the springs, but it appeared there was something on the ends. I tried to find both video's again with no luck. Both of my Grands just have the 'naked' end going into the action rod and both of them cover the years 1942 and 1953. I looked in all three of my Garand books (Duff and Poyer) and none say anything about any change at any time or mention anything about a 'button' of any sort. Most other pictures and video's I've seen have nothing on the end of the spring Was I just seeing things or were some of the Garand's fitted with a 'button' at one time?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.