I bought a Ruger Redhawk 44 mag awhile back. I strip down most new guns I get not just to clean them but to get familiar with how they work and how they are built. (I've had had this problem since I was a child, taking things apart that is even when not broken)

I took every part of my Redhawk apart except the ejector retainer and ejector. Not that I don't know how but because it required a "special" tool. Yes, I could make the tool and I will now, but I thought I would ask Ruger id they sold the tool and if there was a torque spec on the retainer. The answer was;

"We do not sell the tool to remove the ejector retainer and we do not have a torque on this part as it is a factory fit part."

Odd response... I am aware this is a factory fit part, it already says that in the user manual that came with the revolver. I really thought Ruger of all companies would be more helpful.

I doubt there is a torque spec but I thought I would ask anyhow. I just wonder why it a big deal to say if there is or isnt.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.