I am new to the forum, looks like a lot of knowledge here. I have several questions about the ww2 Ithaca trench gun. I have Bruce Canfields book, and have done many online searches that have not yielded any answers. First question: in ww2 what units or military branch deployed the m37. Second, how many of those weapons survived to be sent to Korea. Third of the ones that survived Korea, how many of them made to Vietnam? The reason for these questions is I came across a gun with mismatched numbers, both the barrel and receiver fall in the correct data listed in Bruce's book, receiver was in the first shipment, barrel in the second. The barrel though has a very well installed A&W shot diverter on it, so I was wondering if the barrel had possibly been from a recycled weapon. Any and all information on these questions would be appreciated, also, any information on the A&W shot diverter would be appreciated as well. Thanks
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.