I recently acquired my first Enfield from Royal Tiger Imports (RTI). It was an "A" Grade marketed as "Original" so, I thought I was getting an original rifle that had not been through FTR. Instead, I got a parts gun that appears to have gone through FTR twice. It is part of the Ethiopian cache that RTI is currently marketing. One FTR at ROF Fazakerley and once in Pakistan (POFicon). Now, I am not complaining, really as it is an all matching serials rifle and in what CMPicon would describe as Service to Field Grade. The headspace it tight within specs, shoots well, and fully operational. All I had to do was clean it.
BTW, the customer service at RTI was first rate, even if I think the prices are at the high end of the spectrum. Just don't order lesser grade rifles and expect that you are buying anything but parts queens. "It is marked No. 4 MK 1/2" so that tells me it was at least FTR'd at Fazakerley, probably in about 1951. I conclude that as there is a mark on the cocking piece that says "F51). It also has and F-marked micrometer sight and a Long Branch safety lever and Long Branch butt plate. The small metal stock and magazine pieces are SMC (Singer). The Pakistan conclusion comes from the lower gun metal being marked "P 59" and a new barrel with a Pakistani Star in Crescent proof mark. All the metal is in black paint. See attached Photos:

Attachment 110947Attachment 110948Attachment 110949Attachment 110950Attachment 110951Attachment 110952Attachment 110953Attachment 110954

I would appreciate if anyone could shed light on the potential history of this rifle and how it got from Pakistan to Ethiopia (Pre-1974).
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.