I have a 2A1 Ishapore that has a number of issues I am looking to fix.

1. The trigger has a lot of play, over 1/8" from side to side. It seems the trigger guard assembly is rather wide. Should I try bending the housing it or shim it with something, or is there something else to prevent the wobble?

2. Group size at 50 yards is about 2 feet. I took the rifle apart and it does not seem to be missing any parts. It does seem that the end of the barrel is making contact with the side of the nose cap at about 1 o'clock. Where should I look first for the source of this problem?

3. Trigger pull is terrible. It must be 10 pounds.

3. I set the rear sights at 200 meters(As low as they go) and the recoil from one shot causes them to jump up to 400 meters

4. Is there a recoil pad that fits this buttstock well, or do I need to read up on how to make one? Recoil with the aluminum butt plate on this thing is way worse than my 12Ga shotgun.

I want to make this my go-to .308 rifle, but right now my pump action shotgun firing slugs is superior in every way.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.