Milsurps Talk Radio
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: 1943 Longbranch value

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
  1. #1
    Member zh75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Last On
    02-15-2021 @ 04:06 PM
    Location
    US
    Posts
    20
    Local Date
    02-27-2021
    Local Time
    01:26 AM

    1943 Longbranch value

    Hi,

    I'm looking at purchasing this longbranch lee enfield and was curious as to what you guys think would be acceptable to pay for it? Seller is asking for 725 shipped. Attached are photos

    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

    Thanks!

    Last edited by Badger; 01-08-2021 at 10:12 AM.

  2. # ADS
    Friends and Sponsors
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Location
    Milsurps.Com
    Posts
    All Threads
    Banner AD Space Available - Click HERE to Inquire Family owned and operated since 1962, Simpson LTD is the largest collector firearms store in the Midwest. Our globally sourced inventory represents many eras, with an emphasis on World War II and our favorite firearm, the Luger, of which we typically have 2,500 in stock.  Inventory changes daily with 10,000 firearms ready to ship; along with accessories, militaria, and hundreds of book titles. We also offer appraisals, consignment services ranging from single items to full collections, and we are one of the most reliable and competitively priced import and export services available.  We do not offer parts or gunsmithing, but we have a little bit of everything else. Visit our website for more information and our new technical video series Speaking Luger, and like Simpson Ltd on Facebook for updates, previews, and more. LIMITED TIME OFFER FROM THE AMERICAN GUNSMITHING INSTITUTE: Get Immediate Online Access To AGI's NEW Armorer's Course for Glock Pistols, Covering Every Generation of Glocks, Including the Latest Model 42/43 and Double Stack Pistols for ONLY $7.00! Brian Dick ... BDL Ltd. - Specializing in British and Commonwealth weapons Chuck in Denver ... Buy-Sell-Trade .. Guns, Cars Motorcycles Your source for the finest in High Power Competition Gear. Here at T-bones Shipwrighting we specialise in vintage service rifle: re-barrelling, bedding, repairs, modifications and accurizing. We also provide importation services for firearms, parts and weapons, for both private or commercial businesses. Banner AD Space Available - Click HERE to Inquire
     

  3. #2
    Really Senior Member Alan de Enfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 09:44 AM
    Location
    Y Felinheli, Gogledd Cymru
    Posts
    1,978
    Local Date
    02-27-2021
    Local Time
    06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zh75 View Post
    Hi,

    I'm looking at purchasing this longbranch lee enfield and was curious as to what you guys think would be acceptable to pay for it? Seller is asking for 725 shipped. Attached are photos

    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

    Thanks!

    It looks like a good one and the way prices are moving at the moment I'd suggest it is not expensive.
    As I said in your other post - my knowledge is UKicon so not much help.
    Mine are not the best, but they are not too bad. I can think of lots of Enfields I'd rather have but instead of constantly striving for more, sometimes it's good to be satisfied with what one has...

  4. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
  5. #3
    Member zh75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Last On
    02-15-2021 @ 04:06 PM
    Location
    US
    Posts
    20
    Local Date
    02-27-2021
    Local Time
    01:26 AM
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan de Enfield View Post
    It looks like a good one and the way prices are moving at the moment I'd suggest it is not expensive.
    As I said in your other post - my knowledge is UKicon so not much help.
    Thanks Alan, I appreciate the help! I know enfield prices have been trending upwards in general including here in the US so i figured 725 for a matching one wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

    Thanks!

  6. #4
    Member 55recce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last On
    02-20-2021 @ 01:27 PM
    Posts
    66
    Local Date
    02-26-2021
    Local Time
    10:26 PM
    Sounds like a reasonable price to me. Bear in mind the sling is wrong for the rifle and the sling swivel at the very front near the muzzle is not correct and should be removed.

  7. #5
    Member zh75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Last On
    02-15-2021 @ 04:06 PM
    Location
    US
    Posts
    20
    Local Date
    02-27-2021
    Local Time
    01:26 AM
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 55recce View Post
    Sounds like a reasonable price to me. Bear in mind the sling is wrong for the rifle and the sling swivel at the very front near the muzzle is not correct and should be removed.
    I didn't know that but thank you! 2 things that are easy to correct....just for my sake, how do you know the sling isn't correct? I know the usual slings the brits used were tan, if im not wrong, as opposed to the green but other than that how do you know?

  8. #6
    Contributing Member husk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last On
    02-25-2021 @ 01:12 PM
    Posts
    128
    Local Date
    02-27-2021
    Local Time
    02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zh75 View Post
    I didn't know that but thank you! 2 things that are easy to correct....just for my sake, how do you know the sling isn't correct? I know the usual slings the brits used were tan, if im not wrong, as opposed to the green but other than that how do you know?
    The sling is post -WWII US not Britishicon. Easily identified once youíve been at this for a while. Nice Long Branch at a fair price.

  9. #7
    Really Senior Member lawrence_n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    223
    Local Date
    02-27-2021
    Local Time
    01:26 AM
    Being somewhat parochial in my outlook, given that I live not too far from the old arsenal lands where it was made, I'd grab it in a heartbeat. As is pointed out, the sling is incorrect as is the front sling swivel (no biggie!). On the big plus side, it's stocked in walnut not birch, which makes them more desirable hereabouts. The stock looks to be in excellent shape overall and if all the numbers match it would sell it up here for $1200 Cdn. in a heartbeat. If the butt stock is "L" marked (top near the butt plate), add another $50. If I had it, I'd buy the PH5C rear sight for it for actual range time and keep the original flip sight put by for originality.

  10. #8
    Member zh75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Last On
    02-15-2021 @ 04:06 PM
    Location
    US
    Posts
    20
    Local Date
    02-27-2021
    Local Time
    01:26 AM
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence_n View Post
    Being somewhat parochial in my outlook, given that I live not too far from the old arsenal lands where it was made, I'd grab it in a heartbeat. As is pointed out, the sling is incorrect as is the front sling swivel (no biggie!). On the big plus side, it's stocked in walnut not birch, which makes them more desirable hereabouts. The stock looks to be in excellent shape overall and if all the numbers match it would sell it up here for $1200 Cdn. in a heartbeat. If the butt stock is "L" marked (top near the butt plate), add another $50. If I had it, I'd buy the PH5C rear sight for it for actual range time and keep the original flip sight put by for originality.
    Wow thanks for the insight! Good to know itís a good one in the eyes of people who know more than me about these rifles! Rifle is all matching according to the pictures and what the seller is saying. Went ahead and claimed it so Iím excited for it to arrive!

  11. #9
    Really Senior Member capt14k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    213
    Local Date
    02-27-2021
    Local Time
    02:26 AM
    It's near the top end, but if bolt is matching I would buy it. If bolt does not match it is too much. Can't tell from pics, but if I had to guess I would think the bolt is matching.


  12. #10
    Member zh75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Last On
    02-15-2021 @ 04:06 PM
    Location
    US
    Posts
    20
    Local Date
    02-27-2021
    Local Time
    01:26 AM
    Thread Starter
    Picked up the Longbranch today- all I can say is wow, sheís a beauty. Everything matches with a 1 bolt head. Will post pics later if you guys want them.

    Also, question about the cock on closing bolt since this is my first rifle using that system and first enfield. How much force should be realistically needed to finish the closing of the bolt? The bolt on this Longbranch is buttery smooth until the very last portion of the closing, Iím assuming thatís when the rifle is actually being cocked. Just wondering what would be considered abnormal for how much force is needed to finish the closing?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Longbranch 1943
    By billy67 in forum The Lee Enfield Knowledge Library Collectors Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-31-2014, 01:20 PM
  2. Longbranch 1943 SN 56L3035?
    By bulletbob in forum The Lee Enfield Knowledge Library Collectors Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 02:41 AM
  3. Longbranch RCAF stamped 1943 Lee-Enfield
    By tfrosst in forum The Lee Enfield Knowledge Library Collectors Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 10:40 PM
  4. Restored 1943 Longbranch
    By santino34 in forum The Lee Enfield Knowledge Library Collectors Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 09:47 AM
  5. No4 Mk1* Longbranch 1943 help ...
    By Stan Rideout in forum The Lee Enfield Knowledge Library Collectors Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 12:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts