I recently purchased a P14 from an online source, looked great in the pics, but.....

First thing I noticed was that the rear action screw had been cut, I have to assume this was NOT standard armory procedure, so someone has been messing with this gun.

I noticed that the bolt would get hung up on the top of screw, but it still could be removed. The screw was not tightened so I figured I would tighten it up, now the bolt would not even come out. I ended up taking the action out of the stock and noticed that the rear screw does have a metal post in the screw hole, but the front does not. Were these stocked setup with steel post for the front and rear screws? I am thinking if one has it the other should. I have included pictures, could anyone confirm the proper stock setup for me?

I also found a crack in the upper handguard (closest to the muzzle) that some had tried to glue but it has separated. There was quite a bit of glue that had dried on the underside of the handguard, I was able to remove this residue with mineral spirits. I was thinking of giving a shot at attempting a glue job myself, any suggestion on how to clamp the wood?

Thanks for any input.

Attachment 114646Attachment 114647Attachment 114648Attachment 114649Attachment 114650Attachment 114651
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.