1. It appears that you are you're enjoying our Military Surplus Collectors Forums, but haven't created an account yet. As an unregistered guest, your are unable to post and are limited to the amount of viewing time you will receive, so why not take a minute to Register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to our forums and knowledge libraries, plus the ability to post your own messages and communicate directly with other members. So, if you'd like to join our community, please CLICK HERE to Register !

Already a member? Login at the top right corner of this page to stop seeing this message.

+ Reply to Thread
Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Hybrid View

Last On
    11-01-2021 @ 12:41 AM
    Local Date
    05-16-2024
    Local Time
    11:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by M1icon C FAN View Post
    I hope he can have many more years ahead to enjoy it with his family. He wants to deer hunt with it. He has a beautiful k98 he is planning on Elk hunting with. Old school Boy. He just recently Packed up his family and moved 5 hrs away to get them out of the disaster here in Portland. Smart and Responsible.
    8x57 is a great elk caliber. It has a quite a bit more reach and a lot more knock-down power than the 30-40, and is not a powder hog like some calibers I could mention. Plus you can put a scope on a Mauser. I use the Krag 'cause I like it, and I like the history it calls up. And it will put an elk down if you do your part.

jn
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. Thank You to jon_norstog For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread