Success with today's auction and got it pretty reasonable as well. $81 with free shipping.

The story behind this one is that I have an R35 Lebel rifle. They had modified shortened bayonets. I purchased one probably before the rifle actually and thought I was good.

Then Ian McCollum published his book on Frenchicon rifles and I discovered I did not have the correct bayonet. The vast majority of the shortened Lebel bayonets on the market were shortened by the Germans during WWII to roughly 13 inches. This is what I had.

The French shortened bayonets are just under 16 inches and this is what I lacked.

So it's been over a year now I've been watching French bayonets on eBay. And it has been a royal pain in the butt. Most sellers don't list the length of the blade, if they do, it's wrong. I ask for clarification and every time they were 13+ inch Germanicon shortened bayonets. This is the first one with the correct length and correct scabbard which has a round ball on the end. The German ones for the most part have just rounded ends although some of them have balls as well which adds to the confusion.

Blade listed at 16" with overall length of 20 1/2" which is a perfect match for a 15.9" blade. One more quest eliminated.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.