Disassembled the major parts. Stock is soaking in citristrip. Bore is not pretty. It has strong rifling but someone didn't take very good care of it. Dark with pitting. Bullet does not go all the way in the muzzle so it isn't worn out, just ugly. Not the worst I have but pretty low on the scale.

Very little pitting anywhere on this but an interesting fact is that the exterior is just plain worn. You can rub your hands along the barrel and where the bands are it isn't worn and you can feel it. So as for original finish, there isn't any. It is a nice blue grey color however so it looks like finish. Patina well call it. No sand in any of this stuff so they apparently didn't store them as badly as a lot of people seem to believe. It's just fossilized grease all over it and under the wood line it was packed pretty heavy with it. Interior is somewhat of a mess.

I ended up replacing the safety and safety screw with the ones I pre-bought. Both are worn, I don't think the screw was originally for this purpose. Took some slow working and cleaning to get the new screw to seat all the way but it did with no issues. I think I'll just keep the extractor just in case.

It won't be going back together today. The barrel and receiver are pretty clean but the bolt and magazine assemblies are a mess. Looking like a two or three day project since it will be evenings only after today.