Picked up a SA M1icon Garand that was sporterized. Unfortunately the sight ears were ground off and the receiver was polished. It has a Williams WGOS ghost rear and some funky front sight that fits the GC dovetail. I figured it was good for parts and the price was right. It is a mix of old and new. The receiver SN is 2230XX and the -2SA bolt with an odd REP2 heat lot are 1941. The barrel is 3-51 and looks almost new (I don't have MW or TE gauges). The Trigger housing and most parts are all post war as is the op rod. Everything else is late WW2 or post war. The stock is commercial with a Monte Carlo cheek rest, but the front and rear hand guards are USGI. My real question is the round firing pin. It matches the bolt time frame but I have never seen one before. Given the provenance of the rifle, I don't suspect a reproduction part but there are not enough pics on line to make a comparison. If anyone has an opinion please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Attachment 115992Attachment 115991Attachment 115993Attachment 115994Attachment 115995Attachment 115996
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.