Hello gents - I just came into this No. 4 sporter that seems to have all of the hallmarks of a former T sniper. In my miniscule experience I made the judgement that it was likely an original H&H conversion and not a fake based on the fact that someone attempted to dress it down from its sniper configuration as opposed to dressing it up and passing it off as a real deal rifle.

Just seems less likely someone would try and fake a sniper and put it in sporter configuration but hell I guess anything is possible. Someone may have sportered a fake at some point!

Easy to get in the weeds here so I figured I'd consult the experts who are more likely to recognize the minutia of the stamping and the milling and everything else that goes into verifying provenance.

The barrel has been, sadly, cut down to 24" so that will obviously need to be replaced. But I've got a good bracket from Roger (and a set of Fultons pads that I guess I wont need). Warren has kindly taken a look at the reproduction RSM MK III scope I recently purchased so hoping that Chinese tube will be useable and collimate within acceptable limits. I have a nice set of timber but part of me would like to try and rescue the buttstock and keep the serial along the wrist. Too bad the S51 is obliterated - if it was ever there that is.

Based on the images how does it look to you? Worthy of a restore?

I've included an imgur link just in case the photos dont upload properly

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.