Hello! I have a question regarding a weapon my cousin owns which he wished to give to me once I've got a weapons license. Wish to provide a bit of a background story of this rifle:

I was looking up the production dates on the SVT-38. This particular rifle I've shot with was made in the Izhevsk factory No.74, the rifle was made in april 1940, around the last weeks before the production of SVT-38s was switched over for the improved, SVT-40 at april 13th 1940. As there are only 150 000 copies made in comparison to the SVT-40 which was produced with a total amount of 2 000 000, I found interest in knowing if there was different production models of SVT-38 or if they all resembled each other from stock to barrel? I have a picture to provide you with further information:

This is the one my cousin currently owns:
Izhevsk Factory Made SVT-38 April 1940 - Album on Imgur

While this is what every model I've stumbled upon the internet looks like:
SVT-38 - Album on Imgur

If anyone can come to a conclusion to why the previous picture has a different stock along with the barrel looking different, because the production numbers refer to a SVT-38, but I'm not sure if this rifle was modified before my cousin received it or not. Thanks for reading!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.