Got this at the auction from hell today. First gun buy there in several years.

It does not have any Frenchicon markings that I can find. Bore is very good. Came with an extra magazine and was in a P35 Germanicon WWII holster. Not sure what the story of that is but I'll take it. It was one of the selling features.

Not exactly sure when this one was made, one exactly like it sold on Gunbroker and showed 1915-1918 as the date range. With there being so many of these made by so many companies it's hard to narrow anything down. One other source put it at post war but it has no Spanish proofs on it either which means it was made prior to 1923.

Not all French contract guns were marked, if it is an actual bring back from WWII and was in that P35 holster, it could have been taken from a Frenchman during the war by a German and then captured again but who knows. American soldier could have just grabbed whatever he found but the second magazine would have been difficult to have been found without a holster. The French military stopped using them in the 1920's I think but their police still used them into the 50's. The resistance also used them extensively.

Any reliable information would be appreciated. Internet sources are confusing. The best information I found came from a translated French page which had some strange translations here and there.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.