I am working on a brief article for the next DISPATCHES, then Enfield-Stuff newsletter* and would like some help, please.

I am looking for good quality pictures of the P14 volley-sight dial plate, with or without the pointer arm. Plates with ground-off screw bases (“Weedonised”) are OK. Emphasis is on clean, readable markings.

I am also interested in good quality pics or scans of shop drawings, armourer’s drawings of the dial sight plate and associated small parts. (NOTE!! If you have something from a book or website, please tell me where that information came from. I don’t use other people’s work without giving credit for my sources.)

Good news / Bad news
The good news is that everyone who submits a photo or drawing or other useful information will get credit in the article for their help. (Your Mum will be proud!)

The bad news is that I can’t promise to use every item submitted – I have to pick and choose which will work best for the article.

I would be grateful for any help you can offer.

*DISPATCHES is the Enfield-Stuff newsletter, a free newsletter focused on military history specifically related to Lee-Enfield rifles and bayonets. The Mentioned In Dispatches section features items and websites of interest you may have overlooked. You can read the most recent edition here: https://enfield-stuff.com/Pages/7-dispatches.html
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.